Download a PDF Version of these rules: ParkRules_Sign
Welcome to Carbondale Community Dog Park!
We want everyone to have a happy, safe experience while at the dog park.
Courtesy is contagious!
PLEASE abide by these rules so all dogs and humans can enjoy this park.
Rules for Dogs
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited. Dogs displaying aggression must be removed immediately.
- Dogs must be at least 4 months old.
- Spayed/neutered dogs are highly recommended. INTACT MALES are to be monitored closely for any problems. FEMALES IN HEAT are prohibited.
- Dogs must be leashed outside of the dog park and unleashed inside the park.
- No dogs without people and no people without dogs allowed in the park.
- Dogs that bark excessively must be quieted or removed from the park.
- Dogs should wear flat collars of nylon, leather, etc. No chain, spike, harness, or metal collars allowed.
- Dogs must be up to date on all rabies and other vaccinations. Dogs should wear their license and rabies tags on their collars. No sick or injured dogs allowed.
- Dogs OVER 30-35 pounds (Large Dogs) ARE NOT ALLOWED in the Small Dog area, if Small Dogs are present. Dogs UNDER 30-35 pounds (Small Dogs) SHOULD USE the Small Dog area. Small Dogs that enter the Large Dog area do so at their own risk. If a problem occurs, the small dog must be removed.
Rules for Humans
- Owners are legally and financially responsible for injuries or damages caused by their dog(s). Guests assume all the risks when entering the dog park. PAY ATTENTION to your dog’s behavior at all times.
- Owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s waste. Bags are provided. Help keep our park clean.
- Owners must make sure gates close when entering and exiting the park.
- Owners should be inside the park with their dogs.
- Owners should stop dogs from digging. Fill in holes made by your dog.
- Owners are allowed up to 3 dogs per visit.
- No children under 8 allowed in the park. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Owners are not allowed to bring alcohol, tobacco, glass containers or FOOD (human or dog treats) into the park.
- Owners are to closely monitor rough play and be ready to remove their dog if it escalates.
- Owners who disobey or ignore the rules regarding usage of the park will be asked to leave the park and may be suspended from the park
Enjoy the Park!
All rules and regulations are in place to protect all people and dogs visiting the park, as well as promote responsible dog ownership in our community. Healthy, well-socialized and exercised dogs not only make great family members, but great neighbors too.
If you have any concerns, questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding the park, please email the Friends of
Carbondale Dog Parks at: email@example.com
Any park users who encounter a problem with either an owner or a dog that cannot be resolved should contact:
Carbondale Animal Control at 618-457-3200 ext. 4242.
In case of an emergency, call 911.